Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Out Time

Everyday, at least once a day, I pull the little rats out and have them crawl all over me and the bed for as long as I think they are happy with it. I put them back in their cage once they start being quick on your hands and become more of a task to handle.

I used to only take them out one at a time because Cupid was a bit crazy but she's calmed down lots and is more manageable. Lucky is now EXTRA easy to handle so if he wanders a bit too far I usually don't worry about him and he usually comes back anyway.

I have 2 shirts on and put them under the top one. They were both in my sleeves and on my shoulders, grooming each other and being generally warm and toasty.

When I tried to get Cupid out so I can put them away, she didn't want to come peacefully! She wanted to continue burrowing into my sleeves and though the layers of fabric. I had to trap her in my sleeve and then basically push her out that way hehe :P

They are also getting MUCH better when it comes to their potty control. I've has tons of out time where I didn't have to clean up a thing! Only when something REALLY freaks em out like someone suddenly opening the door, do they ever leave anything for me to clean up.

Soft furred rats can make super fantastic pets! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment