Monday, January 4, 2010

My opinion on food bowls...

Food bowls are NOT worth putting into the cage with your soft furred rat. They drag even the largest pieces of food around and bury them where they please. I can't imagine what kind of mess they would make with small pellet food (I give them BIG lab blocks as a main part of their diet)

Everything from the lab blocks to the pieces of dried fruit and cracker snacks get scattered around the cage. Out of the maybe 10 lab blocks I put into the bowl only about half will stay where I put them and any treats I've tried to place in the bowl immediately get hidden elsewhere. I dont know why they do this but they just do. It's pretty amusing to watch them go about burying the treats and ferrying them around until they find the perfect spot.

So, bowls can just be a waste of space in opinion when it comes to these guys. Best to just not even bother and use the extra couple bucks on some extra tasty snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment